West Coast Swing Fundamentals (Level 2)
- We will expand your current vocabulary on the 6 count basic patterns, and add the Basic 8 count Whips and smooth-hand changes to create new and fun patterns, promote lead and follow, social dance survival tips, and arm-stylings.
- Level 2 is an ongoing class with new material taught every week.
- Prerequisite for WCS Repertoire
WCS Trendy Social Moves (Level 3)
- After you have mastered your basic 6-count and 8-count patterns, this weekly progressive class will give you a better understanding of the dance and build your repertoire. Learn variations in patterns, hand changes, turns, spins, and footwork.
- New material and themes each month!!
- Prerequisite: Completion of the Newcomer and the Fundamentals, 6 months Current WCS dance experience or instructor permission is required for this workshop.
WCS Trends and Technique (Workshops Offered)
- The focus of this workshop is to “step out of the box.” This workshop is all about letting the music guide your movement while giving you the skills to do it. This workshop is not about patterns – it’s about altering patterns based on what the music is doing. Develop a greater sense of timing, learn how the pros listen to the music, and really get the most out of a song.
- Prerequisite: Completion of the Newcomer, Fundamental, and Level 3 class monthly workshops, 1-2yrs current WCS dance experience or instructor permission is required for this workshop.
No reservations are required to attend group classes, though we ask that you arrive 15 minutes early the first time you attend class at the studio so that you will have time to complete the Student Registration Form and get checked in to class. (We typically have a lot of people checking in the for class at the same time, and this will help to ensure you are not late to class. Classes are 55 mins.
If you need more information please contact us at 250 886-4599.